FOCUS: A Focus on Patient Education
About the Parkinson Research Foundation
The Parkinson Research Foundation (PRF) is a nonprofit health organization providing Parkinson’s research, advocacy, education, and services. PRF is an IRS recognized 501(c)3 organization, and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The MISSION of the PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION is to help find a cure for Parkinson’s disease through funding research while providing education and services that improve the quality of life today for Parkinson patients and their caregivers.
To fulfill this mission:
The PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION
- Advocates for Scientific Research and the Rights of People with Parkinson’s
- Funds Research
- Publishes Scientific Findings
- Funds Educational Conferences
- Promotes Parkinson Awareness by means of Local and National Outreach & Special Events
- Provides Funding for PARKINSON PLACE, a 9,000 square foot Multidisciplinary Care Center site in Sarasota, Florida offering over 65 FREE education and participation online programs a month as well as ongoing video classes on www.ParkinsonPlace.org.
The money raised by the Foundation funds research, advocacy, education and service efforts that will support the more than 1 million people with Parkinson’s throughout the United States.