FOCUS: A Focus on Patient Education
About the Parkinson Research Foundation
The Parkinson Research Foundation (PRF) is a nonprofit health organization providing Parkinson’s research, advocacy, education, and services. PRF is an IRS recognized 501(c)3 organization, and contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The MISSION of the PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION is to help find a cure for Parkinson’s disease through funding research while providing education and services that improve the quality of life today for Parkinson patients and their caregivers.
To fulfill this mission:
The PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION
- Advocates for Scientific Research and the Rights of People with Parkinson’s
- Funds Research
- Publishes Scientific Findings
- Funds Educational Conferences
- Promotes Parkinson Awareness by means of Local and National Outreach & Special Events
- Provides Funding for PARKINSON PLACE, an 9,000 square foot Multidisciplinary Care Center site in Sarasota, Florida offering over 50 FREE education and participation programs a month as well as ongoing video classes on www.ParkinsonPlace.org for the homebound and those outside the service area.
The money raised by the Foundation funds research, advocacy, education and service efforts that will support the more than 1 million people with Parkinson’s throughout the United States.